This blog is meant to share with you the adventures of our Rescue Shack! We have slowly but surely begun the process to grow our family through adoption. Follow along, laugh with us, cry with us, and help support us in our newest journey. If you read something that touches or encourages you, then leave us a comment and let us know! Just want to say hello!? Then leave a comment for that too! Comments encourage us and show that you support us as we embark on this journey.
If this is your first time here, jump on in! We have posted a lot. If you want to read it from the beginning you will have to navigate to the very first page of our posts. Or, feel free to jump right in what is going on currently. Regardless, we are happy you are here!
The BEST way to follow along with our story (if you do not have a WordPress account) is to sign up for e-mail alerts. You can do this on the bottom left of any page on our blog.
Our Adoption Adventure Summed Up:
- Turned in Paperwork: 6/5/15
- Passed State and Motor Records Background Check: 6/12/15
- DHS Home Assessment: 6/18/15
- Fingerprinted: 6/26/15
- Home Study Part 1: 7/7/15
- Home Study Part 2: 7/12/15
- Home Study Part 3: 7/21/15
- 27 Hours of Resource Family Training: 7/11, 7/18, 7/25
- Officially Approved for Adoption: Waiting ever so patiently….